Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reflections #10

I loved the presentation about Second Life, but I am not for sure how much I really like the idea. I can understand that Second Life has various educational uses, but I find the idea to be really scary. Second Life is just a little bit to realistic for me. It is bad enough that we have so many crazy people in the real world, but to provide these "fools" with a virtual world where they can lose their minds is ridiculous. I understand that safety measures have been developed to protect those within Second Life, but this does not prevent them from being victims to crazy people. Second Life is a wonderful excuse for people to lose their identity and become victims of their own unconscious thoughts. At this time I don't know if I would use this as cognitive tool within my class. I will have to learn more about Second Life and its safety policies.

No comments: