Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reflections #7

Class on last Thursday was both informative and engaging. The guest speaker provided the class with very detailed information about Web 2.0. Although the lecture was very informative, I wish it could have been presented in a manner that was more engaging. I really enjoyed the online chat, it was the most exciting part of class. I would like to use online chats in my instruction to collaborate with other classes who are studying the same topics. This will be a great way to get students engaged in learning. My only concern lies in how to keep students on task during the chats. I don't want the students to get off topic and turn the chat into a gossip room that that detracts from the learning. I will try out the online chat with small groups of students before using it with the class as a whole. Students will have to be given rules and guidelines to follow in order to participate in the chats.

No comments: