Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Reflections Class #6

OK, back to this constructivist thing again. After reading this article, I have even more concerns about trying to use the constructivist theory. I support this theory in that it employs students to become active participants in learning; however, I still have some concerns about using the constructivist theory. My first problem is that this theory has to be applied in a gradual process. A gradual process meaning students can not handle using computers and the constructivist approach without defined boundaries and training. I could probably implement the entire theory by second semester of school- this is with hard work. My second concern is what happens when my principal walks by my class and the students appear to be misbehaving. Will I be evaluated as an ineffective teacher because the students are talking and I am only observing. What approach or theory will be utilized to change traditional thinking of the administrators who do not understand the constructivist approach? This is a concern because the teacher with the loud class is usually considered to be the teacher who lacks classroom management. Now honestly, no one wants to be stereotyped as that teacher.

No comments: